Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Salem? Normally, you have three primary areas of your residence for video surveillance: your principal entryway, the exterior space around your home, and strategic interior positions. Although your installation team will be able to advise where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Main Entrance
Even though it might seem absurd that a criminal would attempt to just enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of invasions happen at this passageway. You can also count package thieves among other dangers to think about. Doorbell surveillance is able to tackle these possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you are able to speak with any visitors who approach and press the button. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may reply to every ring with two-direction audio and live video and give the impression you’re on site. In the event a person attempts something questionable, you will have your video surveillance document the event on video and deliver it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Outdoor Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult task. Luckily, there are a handful of tips to help ensure your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- The corners of your Salem home provide an impressive viewing angle, letting you see two parts of your yard.
- Just below an overhang or straight into a length of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing passageway for intruders than you might believe!
- Over a patio or back door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you trim away any brush and branches that may block your ability to see clearly.
Suggestions To Get The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Salem. But the additional adaptability results in there being additional aspects to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should ensure your windows are down and latched, the natural light that enters via a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your surveillance footage. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to circumvent this issue.
- Utilize Height: Just like a guard tower, a video camera positioned in a higher spot will provide a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras above bookshelves or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera won’t be able to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Place your security cameras where little ones and house pets aren’t able to mess with them. Consider mounting or other ways to secure them to make sure they don’t fall if accidentally bumped.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The best video camera won’t help you much if there is a houseplant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items also have the ability to conceal your surveillance installation. Just be careful they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Simply contact (503) 300-4371 or complete the following form to get started.