How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Salem
Home security cameras can simply be used as a warning—something that notifies criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras arrive equipped with a number of tools all designed to enable all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording options or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions empower you to utilize the most from security cameras in Salem.
How To Set Up Your Salem Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
Installing your video surveillance on the ideal spots around your residence is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in high traffic areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great move to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to enter through to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear sightline of your patio, driveway, front and patio, shed, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front porch through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places inside your interior that are less imperative to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your guests needs to be a chief regard prior to placing a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you want some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Security Cameras
Component placement is only the first step in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Salem. The additions listed below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant messages on your mobile device anytime unusual movement is sensed. You can also configure cameras to automatically start filming when activity is discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your video surveillance to capture footage and store clips so you can view them later.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with guests with the unit. Via your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and provides a more complete view of any space. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120° angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that will produce footage of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the freedom to secure single spots within your living space.. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and overlook traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send instant notifications when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Salem is simpler. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security is elevated from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (503) 300-4371 or fill out the form below to begin customizing your security system today.