The latest home security options have become more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to fail to complete simple security duties like turning on your home security, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to remember doing these chores in the future? When you implement geofencing in Salem, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Salem For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you are able to set up in your smartphone app. This modern home security option then tracks your mobile device to deduce when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components utilize to interact with other connected equipment. This technological advancement assists your home security by grouping all elements onto a single network. You can then institute a unique boundary around your house and program the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the specified border.
For example, shortly after you exit your premises, you may program your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will notify your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
These are several of the technologies you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Salem. With the security app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: set your smart devices to engage at predetermined times. Direct various lights to turn down to signal that it's bedtime, or disarm your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain components come alive when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan if the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your hallway lighting when your doorbell camera notices strange movements in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Have your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks engage when it's time for bed. Or program the system for a movie marathon with specific lighting and HVAC levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Salem
Whether you desire extra certainty of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (503) 300-4371 or submit the form below to start designing your optimal security system.